openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "rjtoday" <rjto...@shaw.ca>
Subject Big mistake
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 13:45:43 GMT
The big mistake is mine.  I made a big mistake "upgrading" from an earlier version of Writer
to the one in your version 3.4.

I have a doc file that's 5300 KB.  I could load it in the older version (now wiped out by
the "upgrade") in 15 or 20 seconds.  With the "improved" 3.4 version?  The first time I tried,
it took 8 minutes to load.  (Oh, pardon me, I mean "import."  I guess you people aren't into
mere "loading" anymore.)  The second time I tried to load the file -- sorry, I mean "import"
-- it took 23 minutes.  Yes, that's right -- 23 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!  What's next, 70 minutes??????

You know how long it took Microsoft Word to load the same file?  7 seconds.  Yes, that's right
-- 7 SECONDS!!!!!!!!!

Guess who's never using OpenOffice ever again?  I'll give you a hint:  someone who thinks
it's complete garbage.

Why didn't I used your forums to seek a solution?  Because looking through 26,000 topics would
have taken almost as long as loading -- sorry, I mean "importing" -- a file into your garbage
Writer.

You can ignore this complaint if you want.  It's the same thing I'll be doing to OpenOffice.