openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: call for help to test AOO www and AOO wiki (certificates for *.o.o)
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2013 15:47:21 GMT
On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 9:58 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile
<arielch@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 09:30:06PM -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile
>> <arielch@apache.org> wrote:

>> > There are 26,349 matches of "http://www.openoffice.org/" in
>> > ooo-site.
>> >

>> We *are not* going to change to a system that requires that links to
>> www.openoffice.org are all https.  I hope that is not what is being
>> suggested.  Remember, we have 10's of thousands of *external* links to
>> our website that we do control and cannot change.
>>
>> Please someone, tell me that this is not what is being suggested here.
>

> were you have href="http://www.openoffice.org/some_resource", it should
> be href="/some_resource" (nothing crazy, but a good practice).

Also, in images, src="http://www.openoffice.org/some_resource"

Or in CSS:

url("http://www.openoffice.org/some.css");

But there are some that probably should not be changed.  For example:

content="http://www.openoffice.org/images/aoo-logo-100x100.png" />

That is intended to resolve externally, on Google+, so I think itt
should be the full URL.

There are also the legacy subdomains to think about.   We have URL's
on the website like:

href="http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/project_issues.html"

That should become:

href="/qa/issue_handling/project_issues.html"

But not all subdomains act that way.  For example
http://extensions.openoffice.org should *not* be rewritten.

> Grepping href=["']http://www.openoffice.org/ gives 25,026 matches.

Maybe it makes sense to do the easy one first, the www subdomain
ones..  Most of them are simple href/source/url patterns.

Regards,

-Rob