openoffice-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andre Fischer <>
Subject Windows patches: update Oct. 31
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 10:56:40 GMT

here is a short update of my progress towards the support of Windows 

I have created issue 123531 [1] for this.  I have started my work by 
doing some cleaning up.

Issue 123532 [2] is a sub task about cleaning up 
instsetoo_native/util/  This is where the creation if 
windows patches will ultimately be triggered.  You should see
less warnings, less copying of files, and the internal structure should 
be a little easier to read.

Issue 123595 [3] is a sub task about cleaning up how log information are 
created by (the Perl file that created individual 
installation sets; its called by the mentioned above) and 
its modules.  Creating installation sets, and later patches, is a 
process that takes a couple of minutes per language and output format 
(msi, archive, deb, ...) and type (openoffice, sdk, languagepack).  
Having decent log information is quite important when working on this.  
In the log files that are produced you can no find timing information 
that shows how long individual steps take.  There are some minor changes 
to what is printed to the console.

If any of these changes lead to problems, please tell me.  I have tested 
them but there are too many combinations of platform, compiler, 
languages, output formats, install types and so on to test all of them.

Best regards,


To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message