openoffice-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: available RC3 for AOO 4.0.1
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2013 08:52:45 GMT
On Sep 22, 2013 9:55 AM, "Jürgen Schmidt" <jogischmidt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 9/20/13 11:46 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I propose a further RC3 for AOO 4.0.1 based on branch AOO401 rev.
1524958.
> >
> > I have fixed 2 further serious issues that are important for office
> > automation tasks. The fixes are locally and affect only a few places.
> > It's mainly my fault and I did some stupid mistakes when I fixed it
> > initially. Some tests worked but the tests were not complete.
> >
> > Anyway we are now preparing the RC3 and it should become available over
> > the weekend. The upload is very slow.
> >
> > We changed also the update Url for better tracking of this release and I
> > integrated a further language Turkish which was ready and 100% UI
> > complete. But we should keep in mind the translation deadline for AOO
> > 4.0.1 was Sep. 6th.
> >
> > I will be on vacation but Herbert will replace me as acting release
> > manager and will take care that the bits are available finally on dist.
> >
>
> I changed the subject and hijacked the thread to announce the
> availability of RC3.
>
> There is already a reported translation problem with Basque and it seems
> that their are potentially more strings broken for Basque. I suggested a
> more detailed review and testing and declined it as showstopper.
> Probably others will think different about it. But the reported problem
> seems to be in 3.4 already. We had several snapshot builds and a RC1
> available since more than 1 week and the question is why it comes up so
> late. Building the releases is no fun and a minor change for one
> language triggers a long build process and even longer upload.
>
> My recommendation for this and any other translation problem is that the
> language community decides if we should release it or not. I also
> recommend to test it more in detail to find potential other problems and
> fix them. We can discuss a 4.0.2 language update only on demand, I see
> Danish and Bulgarian close to be complete.

danish is complete as of today.
>
> But I would not postpone the 4.0.1 because it contains some serious
> bugfixes that should be available to the public asap.
>
> I will start a vote today and let it up to the community to decide.
> Herbert (hdu) will take over the release manager role because I am not
> available the next 2 weeks.

since we will have a release build run, adding e.g. danish will cause no
exta work.

rgds
jan i
>
> Juergen
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@openoffice.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@openoffice.apache.org
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message