openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Latest update fucked my spread sheets
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 22:52:41 GMT
On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 3:52 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 2:16 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
> <orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > On 05.09.2013 02:49, Krynock Construction wrote:
> >>
> >> Just to let you dicks know, I updated the program with the latest
> >> update and all my text documents are fine.  However, ALL my spread
> >> sheets that I use to estimate my jobs, track profit and expenses,
> >> track accounting expenses etc were blown all out of scale and
> >> proportion.  I have to completely redo all my worksheets.  Right when
> >> I have tons of  physical job work, job-related paper work and school
> >> work to get done now I have to redo all of my spreadsheets.  Thanks.
> >> Fuck you, I'm going over to Microsoft Office even if I have to pay.
> >> Better than redoing all my work and then having this shit happen
> >> again.  Can you tell I'm pissed?  I used to love an outside the box
> >> program that was competition to Microsoft. I'm beside myself.
> >

> > Ok.
> >
> > Let us be constructive:
> > If you want to help to get the defect fixed, then please provide a sample
> > spreadsheet document (or more if needed) together with a description of
> want
> > is broken in these spreadsheet documents when using them in AOO 4.0.0.
> >

> Are we even aware of any spreadsheet formatting related issues in AOO
> 4.0?  I know of the scrolling/redraw issue.  And the slow save
> performance issue.  But nothing that matches this description: "blown
> all out of scale and proportion".   If this was a common failure we
> would have known about it before a month had past, right?   Any ideas
> what he could be talking about?   One thing we don't know is what
> spreadsheet he had before AOO 4.0.
>
> -Rob

At the risk of sounding very naive -- could this have anything to do with
font rendering mismatches or even the  little size slider in the lower
right hand corner of Calc. I mention this last item up because I freaked
out one time when I experienced something similar -- I don't recall which
version it was though -- and then, when I figured it out -- it was like "Oh
-- I didn't know that was there!"  Also, I don't really know what the
default setting on that is...

I guess we'll have to wait for image snapshots.