openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: Interface problems 32 bit AOO/64 bit Windows
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 13:22:12 GMT
On 11.09.2013 14:47, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 08:44:51 -0400
> Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 12:01 AM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:
>>> On en-Forum  there have been a number of reports of printing problems, usually
manifesting as not printing from AOO although printing correctly from other applications.
Sometimes (rarely) such problems can be solved by reinstalling the printer drivers. I have
also seen them reported for printing to network connected printers. The common factor is 32bit
AOO and 64 bit windows.

>>> One such case is current
>>> http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=64191
>>> We can dig out other examples if required.
>>>
>>> For such reports (and fixes) one is at the mercy of the skill level of the user,
which may not be expert. Before raising an issue for this, I bring the problem to the list
to see if it has affected any list members.

>> I tried on a 64-bit Windows 8 machine.
>>
>> I created a new spreadsheet in MS Office 2013, with full color charts,
>> cell background colors, shaded borders, etc.
>>
>> I saved as XLS format and loaded in AOO 4.0 Calc
>>
>> The colors showed correctly.
>>
>> I printed to an HP LaserJet 400 Color network printer.  The output was
>> correct.  All the colors printed.
>>
>> It might help to get his specific document.  (Or a similar document
>> that consistently fails for him).  I can then test with that document.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -Rob
>>

>>> I cannot myself test because I only have (legacy) 32 bit Windows.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>
>>>
> I think Armin has already requested that on the Forum, Rob.

I asked more for different stuff (I do not think that it's related to
the document, but you never know, also not impossible), so a good
additional question. Adding in the forum thread...

--
ALG