openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: open office book writing in native language
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2013 15:42:44 GMT
On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM,  <potant@cs.teicrete.gr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask if i am allowed to write an open office tutorial
> (commercial book) in Greek language. Am i,as a writer, under any
> obligation to the Apache Foundation? Are there any restrictions?

Yes, it is permitted to write tutorials or books about Apache
OpenOffice.  In fact we encourage it.  We list books about OpenOffice
on our website:

http://www.openoffice.org/support/books.html

And we are also interested in interviewing book authors for our project blog.

The main thing to watch for is the Apache Trademark Policy,
specifically these guidelines on book names and use of Apache logos:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/#booktitle

The important thing is to make it clear that this is a book *about*
Apache OpenOffice, but not a book *from* Apache OpenOffice.

> Is there any Apache Foundation Representative here in Greece i could speak
> with to?

We don't have official national representatives, though we do have
project members in Greece who are active in translation.   I'm cc'ing
Christos Stefanidis, an active member of the project who is also from
Greece.  (Actually, I was born in Athens as well, but left when I was
only 2 years old)

Regards,

-Rob