openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mercurial repository at hg.services.openoffice.org
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2013 17:23:41 GMT
On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
>> > Was the licensing status of the CWSes in this repository every resolved?
>> >

>> The authorship is varied.
>

> Independent of the developers involved and the individual rights they might
> have, I understood that the whole repository was Oracle's copyright
> property and thus a copyright license from them was required for any member
> of this or other projects to use code from any given CWS unless it had
> already been integrated into AOO and thus fallen under the blanket grant
> made by Oracle.
>
> For the legacy Mercurial repository Andrea mentioned to be useful to future
> developers I would expect the copyright status of the repo to thus need
> clarifying, and I don't recall seeing a definitive statement.

Without commenting on your overly-simplistic statement of OOo
licensing, I'll just say that the release process is where we audit
licenses.  I don't think anyone here has an interest in investigations
of code that is not targeted for inclusion in a release.

>>  What CWS did you have in mind specifically?
>>

> There was a discussion in the pre-TLP archives (which I can't find any
> more) listing interesting CWSes.

Great.  If you ever have a specific question, feel free to ask it.

Regards,

-Rob