openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pootle submission by anonymous users
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 16:37:47 GMT
On 26 August 2013 15:34, Xuacu <xuacusk8@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> My best guess is that such translations belongs to former translators
> (OOo and before) which left translation teams long ago. At least I'm
> almost certain that in Asturian such translations belongs to our
> former team coordinator.

As I am sure you know po files (and sdf files) does not contain author
information. When the aoo40 project was created the po files was loaded, so
in my world this must have happened after aoo40 was created

Actually I have been playing with an idea of adding author to the po files
(using the comment field), just like we do with source patches, since it
would really give credit to the authors, and not just as now where the
credit is list with the po files.

I earlier monitored the server, and we daily had 10-15 non-login users,
scanning the database, and 1-2 suggestions. In danish I had as much as 20
in one day.

rgds
jan I.