openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject [announce] genLang extract is ready.
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2013 17:07:34 GMT
Hi

I am pleased to inform you, that I have reached a major milestone with
genLang.

genLang is now integrated in the build system (for extraction), and  I have
carefully tested that "genLang extract" (generation of .pot template files)
is 100% identical to the existing system (except for the approx 5 errors in
the old system).

Sources are in branches/l10n40 (based on trunk approx start august)
R1519182.

The work flow is:

1) run "build --all --genPO" or "build --genPO"
2) on pootle server:
      "cd aooGenLang; svn up"
      "pootle update_stores" (with parms as normal)
3) on translate.a.o
       "update against templates"
4) translate
5) on pootle server:
        "pootle sync_stores" (with parms as normal)
        "cd aooGenLang; svn commit"

Now translated files are available in our source tree.

I have tested all these steps. We can make a number of elegant
optimizations,
a) allow committers to commit directly in pootle (removes 5)
b) allow committers to run "svn up" (req. a simple php page and removes 2,3)

If someone could review the branch, it would be real nice. Also I need to
check build on windows/mac.

In the meantime I will integrate "genLang convert" so we can get all
current translations into the new system.

and finally integrate "genLang merge" that generates sources with languages.

rgds
jan I.