openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forum vm reconfiguration.
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 12:53:00 GMT
On 9 August 2013 13:43, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Aug 2013 12:40:25 +0100
> Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 9 Aug 2013 11:16:15 +0200
> > janI <jani@apache.org> wrote:

> cope
> > > >

> > > Apologies for my joke about snails, the vm is slower than a sleeping
> snail.
> > >
> > > All forums are handled identically, we dont have a phpBB running pr
> forum,
> > > so every forum must be experiencing this. It seems at the moment the
> vm is
> > > swapping itself to a slow death.
> > >
> > > I will be on it, in max 30 minutes.
> > >

> > For information:
> > en-Forum still out at 12:35 UTC+1.
> >

> > --
> > Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>
> >

> It's back, but slooow!

yes very very slow.

thx to cyrel I have been able to trace mysql while we had the situation, a
reconfiguration is highly needed:

--- cut of the analysis result ---
MySQL Version 5.1.70-0ubuntu0.10.04.1 x86_64
   --> Should be at least 5.5 preferable 5.6

SLOW QUERIES
   The slow query log is NOT enabled.
   Current long_query_time = 10.000000 sec.
   You have 9115 out of 103343 that take longer than 10.000000 sec. to
complete
   --> not real bad, but also not super

WORKER THREADS
   Historic threads_per_sec = 0
   --> Threads created per/sec are overrunning threads cached, raise
thread_cache_size

MAX CONNECTIONS
   Current max_connections = 400
   Historic max_used_connections = 268
  --> can be lowered to 300

INNODB STATUS
   Current InnoDB index space = 0 bytes
   Current InnoDB data space = 0 bytes
   Current InnoDB buffer pool free = 96 %
   Current innodb_buffer_pool_size = 8 M

  --> this shows how little the better performing innodb is used

MEMORY USAGE
   Max Memory Ever Allocated : 19.02 G
   Configured Max Per-thread Buffers : 27.46 G
   Configured Max Global Buffers : 640 M
   Configured Max Memory Limit : 28.09 G
   Physical Memory : 1.96 G

  --> Max memory limit exceeds 90% of physical memory, increase phys mem.

QUERY CACHE
   Query cache is enabled
   Current query_cache_size = 256 M
   Current query_cache_used = 11 M
   Current query_cache_limit = 4 M
    Current Query cache Memory fill ratio = 4.53 %
    Current query_cache_min_res_unit = 4 K
  --> query_cache_size seems to be too high. MySQL won't cache query
results that are larger than query_cache_limit in size

TABLE CACHE
    Current table_open_cache = 64 tables
    Current table_definition_cache = 256 tables
   --> there are 676 tables (384 open tables)
   Current table_cache hit rate is 0%
  --> while 600% of table cache is in use, increase table_cache and
table_definition_cache value.

TABLE LOCKING
   Current Lock Wait ratio = 1 : 4
   --> selective use of InnoDB will be an advantage or at least setting
        low_priority_updates=1 and concurrent_insert=2.

I will make the config changes later today, but not doubt about that we
need a mysql upgrade, and while doing that also a httpd upgrade. I also
noticed that ubuntu is not at 12.04, this is not a performance problem but
only a maintenance problem.

I hope we will slowly see a faster forum, but give me a bit of time to get
it done, and please keep reporting errors !

rgds
jan I