openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Ricardo Berlasso <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spanish language in OpenOffice Writer
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 16:31:08 GMT
¡Hola, Alfredo!

Because you are not subscribed to the list (your message was moderated) I'm
adding you  CC. Please, do not answer directly to me but to the list instead

2013/8/8 Alfredo García <sur3557@yahoo.com>

> Hello,
> I downloaded OpenOffice recently and I'm happy with it. However, I want
> you to know that in the Spanish language version of OpenOffice Writer
> there´s a mistake: in the toolbar,Herramientas - Opciones de
> autocorrección, in the upper left corner there's a checkbox that says:
> Activar la compleción de palabras. The word "compleción" does not exist in
> the Spanish language. The correct word in that case would be
> "completamiento" (Activar el completamiento de palabras).
>
> Maybe in some Spanish speaking Caribbean country you may find people who
> use "completación", but it's still a mistake.

According to the Real Academia Española, "compleción" is a perfectly valid
word:

http://buscon.rae.es/drae/?type=3&val=compleci%C3%B3n&val_aux=&origen=REDRAE

while "completamiento" does not exists on the dictionary.

If you want to join us on the task of making the best possible ES version,
you can subscribe to the Spanish mailing list:

general-es@openoffice.apache.org

by sending an empty mail to

general-es-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org

Regards