openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Drew Jensen <drewjensen.in...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Features and Enhancements video
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 19:09:31 GMT
Howdy folks,

Well, kind of a long 2-3 days..

I've done some work on content creation, but right now wanted to look
firstly at an overall focus and appropriate motif/themes for the project.

Following are the beginning of that work - I have a free weekend coming up
and plan to have the first real draft of the two documents finished by
Monday - along with some examples of how to apply the motif and themes.

So - if folks want to comment on what is here, great, but you may like to
hold off till I post up the finished first draft and examples.

Media Library Overview
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx7ZNEXlmR0IaXRTUHpCQURGTEE

Media Library Motif/themes
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx7ZNEXlmR0Ia3VBQU9RUDJkdWs

One of the over arching goals of this is to put in a place a defined set of
artifacts and work process so that collaboration can easily take place, for
example.
Volunteers can focus on content creation, without much if any concern on
branding as the content would then be 'wrapped' into the branding by
applying a theme and defined final presentation layout.

The motif should also work for content such as video from conference
presentations, use with video conferencing systems such as Google Hangouts
and in the examples on Monday it will address the Google Hangouts use
directly.

Final note, when you look at the second document don't get too wrapped up
with the secondary graphics, mostly it's just working out layout rules and
the like.

I will be back on-line again then on Monday, or possibly Tuesday next week,
but no later then that.

//drew