openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Mercurial repository at hg.services.openoffice.org
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2013 16:50:26 GMT
On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
> > Was the licensing status of the CWSes in this repository every resolved?
> >

> The authorship is varied.

Independent of the developers involved and the individual rights they might
have, I understood that the whole repository was Oracle's copyright
property and thus a copyright license from them was required for any member
of this or other projects to use code from any given CWS unless it had
already been integrated into AOO and thus fallen under the blanket grant
made by Oracle.

For the legacy Mercurial repository Andrea mentioned to be useful to future
developers I would expect the copyright status of the repo to thus need
clarifying, and I don't recall seeing a definitive statement.

>  What CWS did you have in mind specifically?

There was a discussion in the pre-TLP archives (which I can't find any
more) listing interesting CWSes.

S.