openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: new snapshot build for AOO 4.0.1
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2013 21:11:00 GMT
Fernando Cassia wrote:
> I clicked on the AOO launcher and got this:
> http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5526/9owy.jpg
> I actually expected this (full screen).
> http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8707/qsna.jpg ...
> in the case of the main
> "OpenOffice" app launcher, not running it full screen is UGLY. Notice
> the AOO logo cut in the screenshot.

Full screen is a matter of taste, as already discussed on this list. But
of course the start centre should not be cut.

Andre pushed some last-minute changes to 4.0 to get a better display on
big (>1024x768) screens, and it looked quite OK.

Is your screen resolution really 800x500? In that case you are running
OpenOffice below the system requirements of 1024x768
http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo40.html but, I
would also add, you are running it at a very unusual screen resolution...

Regards,
   Andrea.