openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Recommended way to merge commits to AOO401?
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 11:23:28 GMT
What is the recommended way to merge commits to AOO401? As I see it, the
textbook steps would be to cherry-pick them from trunk, so:

1) Commit fix to trunk as revision N (in my case, 1518832, affecting
main/extensions.lst)

2) Chdir to an AOO401 checkout

3) Check the diff to be applied with something like

main$ svn diff -c 1518832
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk/main/extensions.lst

4) Merge the commit by cherry-picking, with something like

main$ svn merge -c 1518832
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk/main/extensions.lst

Is this the recommended way? Or are showstoppers supposed to be fixed on
AOO401 first and be ported to trunk later, maybe with a single merge
operation? If there are some conventions, I'll apply them for the fixes
I'll commit during the weekend.

Regards,
   Andrea.