openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Blacklisting old French dictionary in 4.0.1 profile updates
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 09:51:24 GMT
Hi,

On 28.08.2013 08:43, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> The maintainer of the French dictionary packaged a new extension that
> has a different identifier and that did not make it in time for 4.0. The
> old dictionary, by the same author, is to be considered retired.
>
> Before I open an issue for it, would this be a good case to add the old
> ID to the "blacklisted" extensions for 4.0.1, i.e., those that won't be
> migrated even if the user decides to keep his old profile?

"backlisting" during the user profile migration is possible.
Have a look at the corresponding Setup.xcu [1] and search for
"ExcludedExtensions". Here already the Presentation Minimizer and the
Presenter Screen are "blacklisted".
When you have a fresh AOO 4.0.0 installation you can edit
<InstallationFolder>/share/registry/main.xcd and manipulate the entries.
Then you can try out which entry is needed for the Setup.xcu to be added
for AOO 4.0.1

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/main/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Setup.xcu?revision=1495989&view=markup

Best regards, Oliver.