openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configure for Build
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 09:08:49 GMT
Hi Raymond,

On 25.08.2013 04:47, Steele, Raymond wrote:
> Can someone tell me how configure script works for compiling OpenOffice? Specifically,
the ac_fn_c_check_header_mongrel function. I am trying to configure Solaris 10 to compile
the source code, but configure is telling me that it can not find the system headers. I chose
the --with-system-mdds optio and installed mdds. The headers are located in /usr/locl/include,
but configure is telling me that it cannot find  the appropriate headers.

> checking which curl to use... internal
> checking which mdds to use... external
> checking mdds/flat_segment_tree.hpp usability... no
> checking mdds/flat_segment_tree.hpp presence... no
> checking for mdds/flat_segment_tree.hpp... no
> configure: error: mdds/flat_segment_tree.hpp not found. install mdd

The compiler doesn't seem to use /usr/locl/include as a standard include
path. If the mdds stuff was installed there by default then it is
strange that the compiler doesn't expect it there.

Anyway, we can help the compiler a little using the trick [1] of telling
it via a CPPFLAGS environment variable where to look.

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake/2001-05/msg00020.html

Herbert