openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Does SNAPSHOT tag need to be changed?
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 08:45:49 GMT
Hi,

On 25.08.2013 23:56, Kay Schenk wrote:
> Right now SNAPSHOT is pointing to rev. 1499347.
> Does this need to be changed to rev. 1516808?

just for completeness - rev. 1516808 is the current 'head' revision of
branch AOO401.

As far as I know, we used the SNAPSHOT tag to tag certain revision for
snapshot builds from trunk.

For the recent snapshot build for our way to a AOO 4.0.1 release J├╝rgen
proposed to build a certain revision from branch AOO401. Thus, just
another approach.

I think we should continue to use SNAPSHOT tag for snapshot builds from
trunk. May be it should be named TRUNKSNAPSHOT next time it is moved.
For snapshot build from a certain branch, we can continue as in the past
- just announce the revision used for branch snapshot building - or we
could introduce a corresponding tag - may be <branch name>SNAPSHOT.

Best regards, Oliver.