openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mercurial repository at hg.services.openoffice.org
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2013 19:43:44 GMT
Simon Phipps wrote:
> For the legacy Mercurial repository Andrea mentioned to be useful to future
> developers I would expect the copyright status of the repo to thus need
> clarifying, and I don't recall seeing a definitive statement.

Actually what I wrote at the beginning of this thread, months ago, was
"it is still useful since it contains important historical information":
for example, a bug might be marked as fixed in a certain CWS and I'd
like to take a look at this CWS and see whether it was integrated or not.

So this thread is (was) mainly about preserving the code. The
possibility to include it in an OpenOffice release will likely still
require to be checked on a case-by-case basis, and was not the purpose
of this thread.

Regards,
   Andrea.