openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Does AOO use the new SourceForge Windows installer?
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 22:25:29 GMT
David Gerard wrote:
> Is AOO using the installer in question, or its own?

Its own. I haven't read the article, but anyway OpenOffice builds its
own installation files and uses SourceForge as a mirror network only,
just to redistribute the official binaries: no external installers are
involved. Other third-party sites may offer installers for OpenOffice,
but this doesn't apply to the official version (the only one we
recommend to download) distributed via SourceForge and the Apache mirrors.

Regards,
   Andrea.