openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: page orientation
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 23:03:22 GMT
Hi Sangelia,

Sangelia schrieb:
> Not all folks who work in writing need to have it in portrait format.
> Those who are into writing kid's books as well as for other age
> groups need to be able to set the document into landscape. With out
> the hassle of trying to find the 'hidden' command to do so.

When you need landscape in most of your cases, you should consider to
design a landscape document template and make it to your default Writer
template.

> I propose that when one starts a new document. That one should be to
> be able to pick either portrait or landscape as a choice for how one
> is doing their work before they start.

If you have already started with a portrait page style, make a right
click on the second field from left of the status bar and select
template "landscape" from the pop-up.

> Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

Do not hesitate to ask in our forum or on our user mailing list. Apache
OpenOffice has more features as most users imagine.

Kind regards
Regina