openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Strange phrase on download page: "with other users"
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 18:27:49 GMT
Am 08/19/2013 12:42 PM, schrieb Rory O'Farrell:
> On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 11:16:34 +0100
> sebb<sebbaz@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> There are two sentences on the download page which read very oddly to me:
>>
>> 1) Extend your Apache OpenOffice functionality with a large and
>> growing library of extensions and dictionaries with other users.
>>
>> 2) Extend your Apache OpenOffice creativity with a large and growing
>> library of templates with other users.
>>
>> I don't understand the phrase "with other users".
>> Well, obviously I understand the words, but they don't make sense to
>> me in that context.
>>
>> Can anyone enlighten me what the phrase is intended to mean here?

I idea behind this wording is to express the bi-directional way:

a) You can download extensions/templates from other users and use them
in your OpenOffice.

b) But you can also create own extensions/templates and upload them to
share with other users.

Of course I don't know if this is good English language. However, it
seems you have already changed the wording. ;-) I hope it's still
fitting, otherwise you can change it.

Marcus