openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Usability: dictionary updates and profile migration
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 15:16:55 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 3:15 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> Not seeing comments, I'll publish the updated dictionary in a couple of
>> days. In the end this is not breaking anything, it just produces a Fatal
>> Error (that is actually not fatal, and solved by simply restarting
>> OpenOffice) during profile migration. ...
> I don't know if it is related, but we're starting to get a few reports
> from confused users on Facebook.  It sounds like they are getting
> dictionary upgrade notifications but are then lost when trying to
> download/install the update.   It is coming down as a ZIP file rather
> than an OXT.

This is a known problem with Internet Explorer (unrelated to this
specific extension): at times, IE tries to be smart and "fixes" the
filename extension into ZIP rather than OXT as you correctly observed. I
don't have more precise information, but this has happened for years and
the common advice given on lists is "use another browser" (obviously,
capable users can rename the file as OXT).

Regards,
   Andrea.