openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [Website]
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 20:45:10 GMT
Am 08/14/2013 10:32 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
> Am 08/14/2013 10:11 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
>> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.mail@wtnet.de>
>> wrote:
>>> Since a few weeks we get mails with just "[Website]" as subject.
>>>
>>> Just one word is not really meaningful to classify the mail content
>>> on the
>>> first view. So, I'm wondering from where they come from and how to
>>> improve
>>> this?
>>>

>> These probably come from the contact page:
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/contact_us.html
>
> ah, thanks.
>
>> See: For problems with the www.openoffice.org website, please contact
>> us via Development mailing list.
>>
>> That page covers contacts for reporting bugs, website and wiki
>> problems, press, etc. But the very first link on the page is for
>> support. I assume it requires an advanced degree in psychology to
>> understand why someone would skip over that link and go to another.
>
> Yes, especially because the hint with the dev@ link is one of the last
> options. So, it doesn't make sense to exchange it with others in the
> section as this would just move the problem to the l10n@ or bz@ mailing
> list.
>
> OK, seems to be the last remaining 2.5% that never can be improved.

Proposal:

Exchange the predefined mail subject (e.g. "[Website]") with a more
speaking wording like:

"I want to report a problem with the OpenOffice website"
"I want to report a problem with the OpenOffice BugZilla"
"I want to report a problem with the OpenOffice Wiki"
"I want to report a problem with the Pootle translation service"

Maybe this will make it a bit more obvious for the user that her/his
mail doesn't fit to the topic and could lead to think twice before
hitting on [Send].

Marcus