openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: [IDEA] "Back to School with AOO" blog post
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 11:33:15 GMT

15:56, Donald Whytock <dwhytock@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> 6. Fits nicely in a small/low income community's school budget.
>
>> 7. Work in multiple languages.
>
> 8. use it on your llinux/win/mac machine
>
> 9. having all you need for the school in one suit/program (cause other projects which
has to make money trying to split up the programs like one program for writing onother for
drawing to make more money)

> 10. possible to open other formats like .doc (maybe note that it does not work perfect
because it's a propritary/closed format) but works mostly

> maybe also note some features that are new to 4.0, like the optional side bar which makes
the work easier and faster.

> If you also want to mention that there are still some things missing, here are my most
wanted/missing featured I still remember from shool:
> (of course there are more things like  Inserting a bibliographic reference int a frame
(e.g. image frame) (->will show up allways as [0]))

> #create a 3d surface chart (surface plots)
> #save the annotations in impress
> (don*t know if these  are still missing)

11. Use it from USB-stick and so work everywhere using your personal
settings, even if AOO is not yet installed on your friends PC. "German:
digitale Schultasche"

Kind regards
Regina