openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Possible broken link: from other.html
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 21:03:02 GMT
Am 08/07/2013 09:20 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
> Am 08/07/2013 02:21 PM, schrieb Jennings, Rory:
>> I am trying to download the AOO SDKs, but there is an error on this page
>> in your javascript when using IE8 (my company's policy, and I have no
>> admin rights to install an alternative). The error is in
>> download_other.js: Object doesn't support this property or method (line
>> 96, character 2 which I believe is referring to PLATFORM.indexOf but I
>> don't have much experience with this sort of thing so I can't be sure).
>> I would appreciate it if this could be fixed ASAP as I need to evaluate
>> the use of these SDKs.
>
> The alternative link that Rob provided you should solve the urgent need.
>
> However, I would like to investigate this download issue. Please can you
> give me the output of the following webpage (to copy & paste the data in
> the table is enough):
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/analyze.html
>
> Furthermore, do you have any problems on
> "http://www.openoffice.org/download/" to start the download when
> clicking into the big green box?

Thanks for your data.

Unfortunately, I cannot see any problems and as you said clicking the
green box gives you the correct build, in general it should work fine.

Maybe it is possible for you to try to delete the browser cache to
exclude any faulty data and then reload the webpage. Or also - if you
know a colleague with a different browser - try to use this to see what
is happening then.

I'm sorry but in this case I think your MS IE browser or some setting(s)
is responsible to not rendering the webpage correctly but doing
something strange.

Marcus