openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Raphael Bircher <r.birc...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: Forums down (SQL error: Too many connections [1040])
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 19:14:21 GMT
Am 07.08.13 21:04, schrieb Rory O'Farrell:
> On Wed, 7 Aug 2013 20:35:30 +0200
> janI <jani@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Today, forums alternate between error 1040 and being slower than a snail.
>>> It is not possible to access them right now.
>>>
>> I think you have some fast snails in your area :-)
>>
>> At least the vm itself seems relative ok now.
>>
>> However, I can see that there has been mysql problems earlier, seems to be
>> the old problem, that httpd tries to grap more connections than available.
>>
>> This time I could also see that the mysql buffer spaces had been pretty
>> full, without knowing the forum software, I would say that some of the
>> tables should be converted to innodb. We did that on mwiki, and that change
>> alone allowed mysql to handle a lot more parallel select statements (60-70%
>> of the total).
>>
>> In general the configs are ok for normal daily traffic but cannot handle
>> peak situations.
>>
>> Rgds
>> jan I.
>>

>>> Regards
>>> Ricardo

> Just before one outage of the forum today there were 150 users online, which is a long
way short of the maximum logged of 294. An interesting thing I have noted is that it is often
slow, leading to an error 10040 at about 0930 UTC+1; this happens quite regularly.

Maybe this is the backup. Bugzilla has the same behavure at the same
time. Or ASF Server simply don't like morning ;-)

Greetings Raphael