openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Build Environment] Windows - build using Java 7 (JDK 1.7) without having Visual Studio
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2013 08:18:22 GMT
On 01/08/2013 Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> Version 2.7.1-1 now takes line endings in the patch file and in the file
> to be patch serious. Thus, the application of a patch fails when the
> line endings are different.

I haven't investigated this deeply at the time, but the hsqldb module
has a mix of line endings (that led to a broken patch too) and uses
CONVERTFILES in makefile.mk to harmonize them.

> There are issues 121690 [3] and 121754 [4] regarding building with Java
> 7 (JDK 1.7) and HSQLDB. I think these issues are the duplicates of each
> other [please, can one of the people involved in these issues - e.g.
> Fred, Ariel or Andrea confirm this? Thx in advance]. As far as I
> understood these issues are solved. Please correct me, if I am wrong.

121754 is fixed. 121690 is more generic; I confirm that after fixing
121754 I had no problems in building with Java 7, so it might be that
HSQLDB was the only problem. But I only tried with some "standard" build
options. Namely, I didn't try with --with-junit or similar, and Kay
reported issues with that.

> On a Windows system with JRE 6 the installation of my build does not
> recognize installed JRE 6 as an Java runtime environment (Menu - Tools -
> Option - Java). This is no problem from my point of view as our Windows
> users should not have JRE 6 installed anymore on their systems due to
> its security risks. Does somebody contradicts?

As far as I know, this would be a significant limitation. We can now
build with Java 5, 6 or 7 and the build can work with Java 5, 6 or 7
(regardless of the version used for building). Restricting this would
require discussion, especially on less common platforms.

Regards,
   Andrea.