openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release 3.4.1 storage and incubator removal.
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 17:35:43 GMT
Henk P. Penning wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Aug 2013, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> http: //www.openoffice.org/download/checksums/3.4.0_checksums.html
>> http: //www.openoffice.org/download/checksums/3.4.1_checksums.html
> Looking at the 3.4.0_checksums.html page, in the "This is how
> you verify ..." section I see occurrences of
> keys/group/ooo.asc
> That's renamed to
> keys/group/openoffice.asc

Fixed too.

>> There is only one remaining occurrence, in
>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/globalvars_improved.js
>> but I didn't touch it (Marcus probably knows what's best to do here).
> Looking at
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/globalvars_improved.js
> I see (*) : var MIRROR_APACHE_URL = ...

I'll still leave this to Marcus and we are done.

But this policy means that we will really have to think twice before
linking to materials on the Apache mirrors: going back and correct links
in old download pages, old security bulletins, that have in the meantime
been translated, converted into PDF and very likely republished verbatim
on other sites, is something that we simply cannot do; and even if we
limit ourselves to doing what is actually possible (i.e., fixing
everything that is under control, like in this case), it's still a large
waste of time.

Regards,
   Andrea.