openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Marxen <guenter.mar...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Export of PDF/A-1a faulty ?
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 13:48:20 GMT
Hi Herbert,

Am 01.08.2013 13:38, schrieb Herbert Duerr:
> PDF/A is a document format for long term preservation so it has some
> constraints to facilitate this. See ISO 19005 for details or [1]
> (provided by the Library of Congress) for an overview over these
> constraints. Here is the relevant excerpt:
>
> - Encryption is disallowed
> - Audio and video content are forbidden
> - Javascript and executable file launches are prohibited
> - All fonts must be embedded and also must be legally embeddable for
> unlimited, universal rendering
> - Colorspaces specified in a device-independent manner
> - Use of standards-based metadata is mandated
>
> [1] http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/formats/fdd/fdd000125.shtml

many thanks. Without knowing the details I had in mind, that "archived
pdf documents" were "revisionssicher".

Are there tools, to produce readable "really protected" pdf documents?

(Adobe gives a warning in Acrobat Pro 8, that third party tools can
bypass this sort of password protection of pdf files.)

--
Grüße

Günter Marxen