openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice website
Date Sun, 25 Aug 2013 13:48:29 GMT
On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 09:08:36 -0400 (EDT)
VRToto@aol.com wrote:

> I have Open Office 3.3 on my laptop and find difficulty  deleting saved
> files.  It takes an inordinate amount of time to delete one  file and if I try
> to delete multiple files at once, two/three minutes (or  more) pass before
> the files are removed to the Recycle Bin.  How can I  speed up this operation
> as I have many saved files I no longer need on my  computer.  Please
> advise.  Thank  you.

What is your operating system - Windows, Mac, ... something else?  At what level are you deleting
- at system level (i.e, outside of OpenOffice - the best way) or from within OpenOffice by
right clicking on a file in the file dialogs and selecting delete?

How much free space have you on your hard disk? Have you defragged recently? How recently
have you emptied your Recycle Bin?

Please reply to the list dev@openoffice.apache.org

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>