openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice website
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 21:20:31 GMT
On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 17:09:05 -0400
"Al" <albar8378@centurylink.net> wrote:

> I do not use Open Office anymore and tried to remove it in control panel but it would
not!
> It said I had to insert a disc to get the remove details.
> I downloaded this and had no disc so how do I get the damn thing out of my computer thats
eaating up hard drive space?
> Please advise asap

Three choices: either reinstall the version you used, then, without deleting the install files
(usually on t he desktop) use Control Panel to remove it - Control Panel is looking for the
install files.

Or:
download and use RevoUninstaller at its most aggressive to remove it.

Or: just delete the Program files by hand and use some registry cleaner like CCleaner to clean
the registry,

If in any doubt about computer manipulation the first method is the safest.
--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>