openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: doxillion?
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 18:16:48 GMT
On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 10:21:30 -0700
michael kuenzli <nakii1@live.com> wrote:

> i love open office. downloaded 4.0.0 from your site and now "doxillion" has "grabbed"
all my doc files. it's a disaster . i uninstalled it., but didn't help.
If by "doxillion" you mean "doxillion document converter", this is _nothing_ to do with OpenOffice.
If it arrived with OpenOffice, you have downloaded from an unapproved site, which sites often
add unwanted and undesirable applications.

After removing this version of OpenOffice you should run an indepth malware scan, and an indepth
virus scan. Then download only from www.openoffice.org/download/ (redirection to Sourceforge).
You can change which application opens any type of file by changing the File Associations.
Details are given in

http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12918.
Modify the references to MS Office to suit whichever application you require to open a file.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>