openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From bugreporte...@hushmail.com
Subject Re: [IDEA] "Back to School with AOO" blog post
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 11:27:42 GMT

Donald Whytock <dwhytock@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> 1. Use the same software at home and at school without worrying about
>>> licensing
>>> 2. Participate in the AOO community and provide useful things for others
>>> while you learn
>>> 3. Fix broken Word documents
>>> 4. Provide choice and promote transferrable skills by using more than one
>>> type of tool
>>> 5. Get a qualification referenced to the European Qualifications Framework
>>>

>> 6. Fits nicely in a small/low income community's school budget.

>7. Work in multiple languages.

8. use it on your llinux/win/mac machine

9. having all you need for the school in one suit/program (cause other projects which has
to make money trying to split up the programs like one program for writing onother for drawing
to make more money)

10. possible to open other formats like .doc (maybe note that it does not work perfect because
it's a propritary/closed format) but works mostly

maybe also note some features that are new to 4.0, like the optional side bar which makes
the work easier and faster.

If you also want to mention that there are still some things missing, here are my most wanted/missing
featured I still remember from shool:
(of course there are more things like  Inserting a bibliographic reference int a frame (e.g.
image frame) (->will show up allways as [0]))

#create a 3d surface chart (surface plots)
#save the annotations in impress
(don*t know if these  are still missing)