openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Forums down (SQL error: Too many connections [1040])
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 15:34:18 GMT
On Thu, 8 Aug 2013 16:39:04 +0200
janI <jani@apache.org> wrote:

> On 8 August 2013 16:25, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:

> > > No, error still occurs this afternoon.
> > > Very annoying for end-users.
> > > And we are on august (low traffic with vacations).
> > > I'm afraid about september, forums will be completly unavailable.
> > >
> > I have asked on the en-Forum if there might be someone with phpBB/SQL
> > admin experience who would like to give a hand, but no responses.
> >

> We already have a admin, and I hope that the admin soon will be active.
>
> I have access to the server and have offered to help the admin, but got no
> response. I know the general setup (mysql, httpd and ubuntu) quite well,
> since I maintain a couple of other servers. But I do not know the phpBB
> software (which is not needed for the current problems).
>
> rgds
> jan I.
>

> > --
> > Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>

I realise you did offer, but you do so much this is another burden. I don't fault Imacat,
who is involved with examinations which are more important.

Having another Administrator would avoid the problem that has arisen with the long term unavailability
of a single admin.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>