openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: [Build Environment] Windows - build using Java 7 (JDK 1.7) without having Visual Studio
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 08:33:50 GMT
I'm deleting the quotes of the earlier discussion as it is not relevant to my point here.

I have no experience of building with Java and care little about the security holes, so I
bow to the expertise of those who know better.

If changes are being made to the OpenOffice/Java interaction, would it be possible that these
be done in such a way that no matter whether installed on a 32 or 64 bit windows, OpenOffice
interfaced correctly with the installed Java, so doing away with the requirement that a 32
bit Java be installed.

This would prevent many queries on the Forum of why OO doesn't work with an installed Java.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>