openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Ed DeWan <ejde...@illinois.edu>
Subject Wildcards in OOW (from Ed DeWan)
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 19:56:51 GMT
The handling of newlines and paragraphs in wildcard find and replace in Open Office writer
is utterly insane! Newlines and paragraphs are distinct characters. Why not use separate characters
for each, such as \n for newline, and \p for paragraph? With that scheme, you could find and
replace at will, without all the folderol that's now involved, and certain operations appear
to be impossible to do with one command. I like OOW, but now when dealing with some text files
to be converted, I copy the text to Word, fix it, and then copy it back. That's a heck of
a lot easier than messing with replace in OOW.