openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release coordination proposal
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 00:07:57 GMT
On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 8:16 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Can we do something like this?
>>
>> Two stage:  release and announce.
>>
>> Release == put the 4.0 files into production on SourceForge, update
>> our download web page to serve 4.0 files by default.
>>
>> Announce == go live with news on front page, header announcement on
>> every page (branding.mdtext), announcement email, blog post, social
>> media, new logo on website, etc.
>>
>> For the Release part,  can we do that end-of-day today, say in a
>> couple of hours?
>>
>> For the announcement part, this waits for the ASF press release to go
>> out tomorrow (Tuesday) at 6am New York time.
>>
>> This will give us some time today to:
>>
>> 1) verify the downloads are working
>> 2) add the correct download links to the NL pages.
>>
>> -Rob

> A sterling idea! and one I was thinking about also! +1 !!!!
>
> I was just about to suggest holding off on the web site "branding" changes
> until much later today.  But, this idea is better.
>
> Re site branding updates -- later  today (1700 PDT? or suggest something
> an alternate time)  after 'Release' stage, I will commit/port branding/site
> changes to staging -- they're not there yet -- so someone else can publish
> this if need be. I will NOT be available at 0600 EDT -- later like 1100 EDT
> probably.

Branding changes are now in staging for www.openoffice.org:

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/

So, this one is available for publishing, along with all the download
changes, etc that went in today. A surprisingly quick refresh.

Any problems?

I'm getting error messages on project site that I can only do CHECKOUTs.

Not sure what the problem is. :(

I'll try again in an hour or so and see  if I can get them committed. If I
can't, I'll file an issue with the files attached and post the issue number
here.

later...