openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Do language packs have update notifications?
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 09:50:03 GMT
Hi,

On 30.07.2013 19:04, Rob Weir wrote:
> In OOo 3.3.0 we support Tamil with a language pack, but not a full
> install.  In AOO 4.0 we provide a full install for Tamil, as well as a
> language pack.
>
> Are we able to notify 3.3.0 users of the Tamil language pack about the
> update?  Is that something the update notification system can handle?
> Or does it only handle updates to the base install?

As far as I know and have seen in my checks the update function in
AOO/OOo only searches for new updates for the language of the full
installation package.
The language of the full installation package is found in the
version.ini|vesionrc of the installation which is composed together with
the application name and its version into the value of 'UpdateID' - e.g.
UpdateID=OpenOffice_4_en-US for en-US full installation package of AOO 4.0

Best regards, Oliver.