openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] New "other.html" for all possible download links
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 23:15:14 GMT
Am 07/25/2013 12:39 AM, schrieb Dave Fisher:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> Very cool! I have some minor points
>
>> Important Notes:
>>
>> 	• A language pack is not a release for its own and has to be installed over a
stable release with the same version number and platform. It contains resource files for a
specific language and platform to show, e.g., menus, dialogs, error messages in your language.
It may contain translated Help content. Language packs are created if at least 80% of the
user interface (UI) is translated. In case it is not fully localized, some elements of the
UI or help topics will display in English as default language.

> (1) The first bullet needs editing as 80% is not the policy, the policy is 100%.

right, I've copied it from the normal "other.html".

ML, etc. possibly http://openoffice.apache.org/native-lang.html>

>> 	• If your operating system is not listed here, or you need a special version of
Apache OpenOffice, please see our list of third-party ports and distributions.

I've added some text and mentioned here the 100% rule.

> (3) Similarly the further notes needs both an Apache OpenOffice and 4.0 update.
>
>> 	• Please read here further important notes

Also right. I will do this as a separate task.

> (4) Shouldn't we order the columns by popularity? Windows, MacOSX, Linux (don't know
the popular order..)

Ask 5 people an you will get 6 opinions. ;-)

I can sort it via alphabetically order. But then Windows is at the end
which is somehow also not the best solution. Hm.

Marcus