openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Possible show stopper on Windows 8, please verify
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 07:56:57 GMT
On 15.07.2013 22:47, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Samer Mansour <samer519@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I logged my comments in the bug, I searched the db before I opened a new
>> bug sorry if its a duplicate.
>>
>> It is windows 8 64-bit. Crashes on copy and cut.  Paste seems to not be
>> affected.
>>
>> The four steps Rob gave in the bug are the minimum required steps to
>> reproduce.
>>

> An update on this crash.  I was eventually able to reproduce it on
> Windows 8, 64-bit.  This was an initial install, not an upgrade.
> Samer saw it on an upgrade install.
>
> I worked on the stack trace with Herbert (fortunately my Windows 8
> machine had a debugger installed).  Herbert gave me a patch to test.
> It appears to work on my machine.  We're waiting to hear back from
> Samer on whether it worked for him.

If anyone else was able to reproduce the problem then we'd love to know
whether the DLL at http://people.apache.org/~hdu/sysdtrans.dll
solves the problem. It contains the patch I suggested in issue 122752.

To test it please
- download the DLL
- copy it into the OpenOffice program folder, on most systems this will
be the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice 4\program\
- if the system warns you that you are overwriting a program file then
please confirm with YES, as that is exactly what is wanted
- run your tests again that used to crash it

Herbert