openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: upgrades on Linux...
Date Sun, 14 Jul 2013 14:46:17 GMT

On 2013-07-14, at 10:37 , Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 12:53:13 +0200
> Hagar Delest <hagar.delest@laposte.net> wrote:
>
>> I installed the RC on top of a dev version and had to use the --force-all parameter
with dpkg (else broken pipe error message). Rather strange.

>> I tried the import of my old 3.4 profile and it worked rather well. Of course the
toolbars of my extensions were disabled but I could access the macros through the AOO macro
dialog.

>> The recent files list was blank however (there are entries in the former registrymodifications.xcu
file).

>> Hagar
>>

>> Le 14/07/2013 00:09, Kay Schenk a écrit :
>>
>>> Has anyone installed in Linux over old 3.4 yet? Please let us know how that
>>> went if you did.
>>>
>>> Also, if you have and keep LO, what happened with that situation?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

> I installed AOO 4 RC over an earlier dev version (on Xubuntu 12.10) and all was well,
with earlier recent files showing.  No need for any fiddling. Will be trying other machines
(mostly similar OS) later in the week and will advise if any difficulties.
> --
> Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>
The most problematical has been, for me ands others, Ubuntu (latest).

Thanks
louis