openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From <..@diddily.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject A suggestion for feature of spread-sheets
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 09:16:16 GMT
Dear people at Open Office,

I will try and keep this simple, I have a suggestion for a feature for your spreadsheet package.
(I have no idea which email to send my suggestion to, so I am sending it here, Please pass
it on to the correct department).

This is for a planning function, All it requires is the ability to rotate a spreadsheet about
30-60 degrees counter-clockwise.
Perhaps you are familiar with Gantt charts as a planning aid. Below is one I copied from the
internet, (© Ralph Lengler & Martin J. Eppler). You will notice that there is a lot of
wasted space in the top-right and bottom-left corners. rotating it would just make it easier
to print out and display.

to show what I mean, I did the following... (using Coreldraw, sorry, I am not prepared to
spend days learning the open-office drawing package, just to draw one diagram).

The chart above describes a set project with a decisive start and finish. The system would
have more use where planning is required for a continuous process, (the number of 'items'
stretches indefinitely,)

Perhaps it may be easier to achieve the same, by extending the print function, by selecting
the relevant cells, rotating them to a suitable angle then printing (or displaying).
As i said, just a suggestion.

regards Dave Patel.