openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Silent Installation on Installation Guide
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 14:11:58 GMT
On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 1:08 AM, O.Felka <olaf-openoffice@gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 04.06.2013 22:49, schrieb Juergen Schmidt:
>
>  Am Dienstag, 4. Juni 2013 um 21:17 schrieb Alexandro Colorado:
>>
>>> I would like to clarify the silent installation process in AOO, the
>>> Installation guide (which is for OOo) talks about running an MSI.
>>>
>>> At the moment Windows versions are in an .exe file, no MSI to be found.

>>> ​uestion ​
>>> ​s, do we still have silent installation process and if so? How to
>>> perform
>>> such installation?
>>>

>>>  The silent installation is a Microsoft Installer (MSI) feature and not
> an OOo/AOo special.
> If you call "Start -> Run -> 'msiexec /?'" you'll see all options of the
> MSI.

​I wonder if we have any of these reported on the wiki, when going through
the installation guide they report me that they get a dialog asking to use
the setup.exe after plugging the flags on the guide.​

​​Here is a screenshot:
​http://imagebin.org/260566
​
​Checking the guide I see there is a post on the forum that has an updated
version for 3.x (
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=28765&p=275147#p275147).
Althought the process is a bit convoluted, they need an extension (
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation%20%20/Administration_Guide/Deactivating_Registration_Wizard)
in order to get rid of a wizard.

start /wait msiexec /qn /norestart /i openofficeorg3x.msi ADDLOCAL=All
REMOVE=gm_o_Onlineupdate

Can anyone shed some light on this guide.​