openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next steps for AOO 4.0 Logo Selection
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 15:32:10 GMT
On 28 May 2013 18:12, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:

> It never occurred to me that those were flying books.  Taking another look, it still
doesn't work.  If made more obviously as books, I'm not sure how that will occur as indicative
of an office productivity suite.  (I have no idea how birds in flight do that either, but
it is probably better to avoid trying for a literal connection.)

Slightly tangential historical question, if anyone here remembers
authoritatively:

What was the origin of the OpenOffice.org gull motif, way back when?

Is (or was) this documented anywhere?

- d.