openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Out of my depth?
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2013 22:37:11 GMT
On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 1:38 AM, Alex Stillwell <
alexandrastillwell1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rob
>
> I have read through the Introduction and the Orientation modules 1 & 2 and
> have tried signing up for the various groups, but I think I'm out of my
> depth. I find the introduction very confusing, too many options and no
> clear progression, e.g. someone wishing to help is probably not interested
> in the history etc. while coming to terms with joining and all these
> digressions are confusing. There is too much information that is not
> pertinent at this stage. I would find it easier if there was a clear path
> to follow to join up and all the additional information and history was
> delegated to the end of the document. So perhaps you do need people like me
> who are not ‘into computers’ to make it less confusing for others like
> myself to understand. Do you find you get a ‘drop out’ at this stage?
>
> Also changing from XP and Outlook express to  to Windows 8 and Windows
> Live Mail less than a week ago is not helping me.
>
> If you can link me with a group working on a project I am willing to help
> and I think I have a lot to offer, but I don't want to waste anyone's time
> doing the wrong thing and getting in everyone’s way. Please let me know if
> you wish me to stay or not.
>
> Best wishes to all at Open Office. A wonderful service.
>
> Alex

Hello Alex --

I am not Rob but maybe I can help anyway. OK, you got through the modules
dealing with the project operations. Good for you.

Maybe if you took a look at the Help Wanted page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Help+Wanted

-- from Get Involved

http://openoffice.apache.org/get-involved.html

You might find some specific tasks to your liking and abilities to get you
started. Thanks for staying in touch.

MzK

"If you stick with a vision, it might not all work,
 but some of it will be absolute genius."
                                           -- Kim Cattrall