openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel del Valle <m...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Wrong OS detection on download page
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 19:58:43 GMT
Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that I tested this with my FF 21.0 in Win7 and the link says:

"Download Apache OpenOffice 4.0.0

Click here for the most recent version for and Español."

and points to: "/~marcus/aoo/4.0.0/binaries/es/Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.0__es"

My "analyze" results are:

Variables from the browser     Values
navigator.appCodeName     Mozilla
navigator.appName     Netscape
navigator.appVersion     5.0 (Windows)
navigator.platform     Win32
navigator.oscpu     Windows NT 6.1; WOW64
navigator.product     Gecko
navigator.productSub     20100101
navigator.vendor
navigator.vendorSub
navigator.language     es-AR
navigator.browserLanguage     undefined
navigator.userLanguage     undefined
navigator.systemLanguage     undefined
navigator.userAgent     Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
JavaScript functions and variables    Values
Native language name     Español
ISO code     es
Language array data     es,Spanish,Español,y,http://www.openoffice.org/es/
Native platform name
Mirror platform name
Native file name     Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.0__es
Native file extension
Return value of getLink()     http://people.apache.org/~marcus/aoo/4.0.0/binaries/es/Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.0__es
Checksum file (here for MD5)     http://people.apache.org/~marcus/aoo/4.0.0/binaries/es/Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.0__es.md5
hasMirrorLink()     true

BTW, I also tried it with Internet Explorer 10.0.9200 (after clearing the cache) and the results
are the same.

P.S.: perhaps it's already clear (from Claudio's catch) that it is a FF problem, regardless
of the platform, but as I'm not a coder, and I just couldn't understand a word in the bugzilla
issue, I just wanted to let you know in case you're all Linux users (as many people in this
list actually are, I think ;) and hadn't seen this yet.