openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Juergen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building openoffice on Mac OSX
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 20:03:37 GMT
Am Montag, 10. Juni 2013 um 21:54 schrieb mehdi soleimani:
> Thank you Juergen for your thorough answer. My OS version is 10.8.2 and Xcode 4.6. I
have both 10.4 and 10.5 SDKs and by default scripts tried to use 10.4.

> To be honest I am kind of disappointed. I've wanted to start contributing to an open
source project and AOO seems like a very good one.

I can understand you it is of course annoying but we gave a baseline and to support as much
as possible OS versions. But with the 64bit support it will be easier in the future.

You are welcome to join AOO and maybe you are interested to improve the configuration of the
build env as one of your first tasks. Herbert can give you more details on the 64bit work
he is doing when he is back from vacation.
There is still some work necessary to support the old 32bit based env (for backward compatibility)
and the new 64bit env.

> I read somewhere that people successfully had built AOO using Xcode 3. Maybe I give it
a try! :)

sure, I do that every day ;-)

Juergen

> On Jun 10, 2013, at 8:24 PM, J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 6/10/13 5:43 PM, mehdi soleimani wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've started to build aoo in Mac but after spending a whole day of trying to
overcome the problems I gave up! :)

> > > I use GNU gcc 4. First I used this command to configure :
> > >
> > > ./configure --enable-ccache-skip --with-epm-url=http://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-3.7-source.tar.gz
--disable-gtk

> > > using this command and GNU gcc4 arises an error when configuring:
> > >
> > > checking if hash_map will be in __gnu_cxx namespace... configure: error: Can't
find hash_map. Try with --with-stlport

> > > I believe hash_map libraries are ok when using gcc4.2. To solve this issue
I've added --with-stlport and configure script did finish. Later in building phase ( build
--all) it stops stating that --with-stlport=yes is not supported on Mac OS X. I even added
--with-stlport=no as building option but this time it stops stating that solenv module needs
to be rebuilt.

> > > I tried to build solenv alone and building finishes without error. Is there
any thing that I'm missing? Any suggestion?