openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Stillwell" <alexandrastillwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Out of my depth?
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2013 08:38:34 GMT
Hi Rob

I have read through the Introduction and the Orientation modules 1 & 2 and have tried
signing up for the various groups, but I think I'm out of my depth. I find the introduction
very confusing, too many options and no clear progression, e.g. someone wishing to help is
probably not interested in the history etc. while coming to terms with joining and all these
digressions are confusing. There is too much information that is not pertinent at this stage.
I would find it easier if there was a clear path to follow to join up and all the additional
information and history was delegated to the end of the document. So perhaps you do need people
like me who are not ‘into computers’ to make it less confusing for others like myself
to understand. Do you find you get a ‘drop out’ at this stage?

Also changing from XP and Outlook express to  to Windows 8 and Windows Live Mail less than
a week ago is not helping me.

If you can link me with a group working on a project I am willing to help and I think I have
a lot to offer, but I don't want to waste anyone's time doing the wrong thing and getting
in everyone’s way. Please let me know if you wish me to stay or not.

Best wishes to all at Open Office. A wonderful service.

Alex